Here's our best guess at predicting the Green Bay Packers' gameday roster for the Sunday's game against the Chicago Bears at Soldier Field. Reminder, only 46 players can be active...
The entire roster is included. Those bold and italicized are predicted to be inactive...
Quarterbacks: Aaron Rodgers, Graham Harrell
Running backs: John Kuhn, James Starks, Alex Green, Ryan Grant, DuJuan Harris
Wide receivers: Greg Jennings, Jordy Nelson, Donald Driver, Randall Cobb, James Jones, Jarrett Boykin, Jeremy Ross
Tight ends: Jermichael Finley, Tom Crabtree, D.J. Williams, Ryan Taylor
Offensive line: Marshall Newhouse, T.J. Lang, Jeff Saturday, Josh Sitton, Evan Dietrich-Smith, Don Barclay, Greg Van Roten
Defensive line: B.J. Raji, Ryan Pickett, C.J. Wilson, Jerel Worthy, Mike Daniels, Mike Neal, Jordan Miller
Outside linebackers: Clay Matthews, Erik Walden, Dezman Moses, Frank Zombo
Inside linebackers: A.J. Hawk, Brad Jones, Rob Francois, Jamari Lattimore, Terrell Manning
Cornerbacks: Tramon Williams, Sam Shields, Jarrett Bush, Davon House, Casey Hayward
Safeties: Charles Woodson, Morgan Burnett, Jerron McMillian, M.D. Jennings
Specialists: Mason Crosby, Tim Masthay, Brett Goode
- Four players have been ruled out of Sunday's game: Jordy Nelson, Charles Woodson, James Starks and C.J. Wilson.
- The biggest curveball was the addition of Josh Sitton to the injury report on Friday with a hip injury. Rather interestingly, Mike McCarthy said Sitton's evaluation was "not good," but at the same time said he wasn't concerned about it. The guess here is Sitton will play.
- Terrell Manning is also questionable, but the Packers have plenty of depth at linebacker and can afford to allow him to heal.
- A slew of players are probable for the Bears game: T.J. Lang, Marshall Newhouse, Donald Driver, Mike Neal, Davon House, Jerron McMillian. All are predicted to play.
- Even without Greg Jennings, the Packers can live without Jeremy Ross on Sunday. Word is DuJuan Harris has been working as a return specialist.
- The toughest inactive choice was defensive lineman Jordan Miller who was just signed to the 53-man roster earlier in the week. As long as Mike Neal plays, the Packers can probably get by with five defensive linemen.
- If any of the predictions are wrong, Jerron McMillian might one player added to the inactive list. He was added to this week's injury report with a back injury, and the Packers could always have Jarrett Bush play safety in a pinch.
- Like Like
- 1 points