Here's our best guess at predicting the Packers gameday roster for Week 6 against the St. Louis Rams.
The entire roster is included. Those bold and italicized are predicted to be inactive...
Quarterbacks: Aaron Rodgers, Matt Flynn
Running backs: Ryan Grant, James Starks, John Kuhn, Alex Green
Wide receivers: Greg Jennings, Donald Driver, Jordy Nelson, James Jones, Randall Cobb
Tight ends: Jermichael Finley, Andrew Quarless, Tom Crabtree, Ryan Taylor, D.J. Williams
Offensive line: Chad Clifton, T.J. Lang, Scott Wells, Josh Sitton, Bryan Bulaga, Marshall Newhouse, Evan Dietrich-Smith, Derek Sherrod, Ray Dominguez
Defensive line: B.J. Raji, Ryan Pickett, Mike Neal, Jarius Wynn, C.J. Wilson, Howard Green
Outside linebackers: Clay Matthews, Erik Walden, Frank Zombo, Brad Jones, Jamari Lattimore, Vic So'oto
Inside linebackers: A.J. Hawk, Desmond Bishop, D.J. Smith, Robert Francois
Cornerbacks: Charles Woodson, Tramon Williams, Sam Shields, Jarrett Bush, Pat Lee, Davon House
Safeties: Morgan Burnett, Charlie Peprah, M.D. Jennings
Specialists: Mason Crosby, Tim Masthay, Brett Goode
- Chad Clifton and Mike Neal have already been ruled out for Sunday's game guaranteeing they won't be playing.
- Frank Zombo was a full participant in practice every day this week, is listed as probable, and the defensive coordinator Dom Capers said he'll play. He'll be making his regular season debut after missing the first five weeks of the season with a broken scapula.
- The toughest decision was with Evan Dietrich-Smith who was limited in Thursday's practice, didn't practice at all on Friday and is listed as questionable, meaning there's about a 50% chance he plays. Seeing as there's still time to recover until tomorrow and he wouldn't need to play unless an injury occurs anyway, I'm guessing he'll be active. I don't know what the Packers would do if Scott Wells got hurt without Dietrich-Smith. My guess is T.J. Lang would be the backup center. He practiced there a little bit in training camp. If Dietrich-Smith is inactive, then Ray Dominguez would probably get the call.
- Another tough choice was to make both outside linebackers Brad Jones and Vic So'oto inactive. I made this decision because Frank Zombo is finally ready to play and Jamari Lattimore plays on more special teams units than the other two.
- The Packers didn't need Alex Green earlier in the season. The guess is they're not going to need him Sunday either.
- Davon House has only been active once all season and didn't even play in that one game. He'll be inactive once again.
- Morgan Burnett has a broken hand, but is listed as probable. From the sounds of things, he'll play with a club cast.
- Like Like
- 0 points