Here's our best guess at predicting the Packers gameday roster for Week 12 against the Detroit Lions.
The entire roster is included. Those bold and italicized are predicted to be inactive...
Quarterbacks: Aaron Rodgers, Matt Flynn
Running backs: Ryan Grant, James Starks, John Kuhn, Brandon Saine
Wide receivers: Greg Jennings, Donald Driver, Jordy Nelson, James Jones, Randall Cobb
Tight ends: Jermichael Finley, Andrew Quarless, Tom Crabtree, Ryan Taylor, D.J. Williams
Offensive line: Chad Clifton, T.J. Lang, Scott Wells, Josh Sitton, Bryan Bulaga, Marshall Newhouse, Evan Dietrich-Smith, Derek Sherrod, Ray Dominguez
Defensive line: B.J. Raji, Ryan Pickett, Mike Neal, Jarius Wynn, C.J. Wilson, Howard Green
Outside linebackers: Clay Matthews, Erik Walden, Frank Zombo, Brad Jones, Jamari Lattimore, Vic So'oto
Inside linebackers: A.J. Hawk, Desmond Bishop, D.J. Smith, Robert Francois
Cornerbacks: Charles Woodson, Tramon Williams, Sam Shields, Jarrett Bush, Pat Lee, Davon House
Safeties: Morgan Burnett, Charlie Peprah, M.D. Jennings
Specialists: Mason Crosby, Tim Masthay, Brett Goode
- Chad Clifton is the only player ruled out for Thursday's game.
- Running back James Starks is question. Based upon the fact he practiced a mere two days after injuring his knee and ankle this past Sunday, the fact that the diagnosis was better than anyone though, and that Starks himself is positive about the situation, I think he'll play.
- That said, I think Ryan Grant, John Kuhn and Brandon Saine all might get a few more snaps than usual to take some of the burden off Starks.
- Everyone who is listed as probable on the injury report (Greg Jennings, Clay Matthews, Josh Sitton, Marshall Newhouse, Desmond Bishop and Frank Zombo) are all predicted to play.
- The toughest choice came in making defensive lineman Howard Green inactive. The Packers did that occasionally late last year when they weren't as concerned about an opponent's running game. Detroit only runs the football about one-third of the time.
- D.J. Williams, Davon House, Jamari Lattimore, Robert Francois and Ray Dominguez were all inactive last week. That should continue.
- Like Like
- 1 points