The Packers got a dose of good news in that there were no new injuries to report on Tuesday, and a few players returned to the practice field.
Here's the report on the walking wounded in Green Bay...
Returning to Practice
Running back Eddie Lacy, hamstring
Commentary: Lacy came back to practice on a limited basis on Tuesday. He missed the team's first preseason game and had been missing from practice before that. The Packers are bringing Lacy back slowly from his hamstring issue, but the fact that he's practicing at all is a good sign. Now that both he and DuJuan Harris have returned from injury, the running back position is as crowded as it's ever been in training camp.
Wide receiver Kevin Dorsey, hamstring
Commentary: Dorsey returned for the first time since the second day of training camp practice in Green Bay, and Tuesday represented the first time he took part in a practice with pads. There's no doubt that Dorsey will be making up for lost time and lost opportunities. With a guy like Tyrone Walker playing so well, there may not be time for him to make the 53-man roster, but training camp isn't over yet. At the very least, he's a step ahead of fellow seventh round draft choice Charles Johnson, who remains out.
Wide receiver Randall Cobb, biceps
Commentary: Bob McGinn of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reported that Cobb returned to practice on Monday, but because information was embargoed, we didn't report it here yesterday. Perhaps it was a case where he only participated in individual drills but not team drills. In any case, Cobb was back in action on Tuesday and reportedly took part in team drills. Cobb looked like his arm was bothering him at practice, according to McCarthy, but he apparently practiced through the pain.
Dropping Out of Practice
Defensive line Ryan Pickett, personal reasons
Commentary: As we made note of in our Packers microblog, there was reportedly an ambulance dispatched to Pickett's house on Tuesday. McCarthy said he thought everything would be fine with Pickett. There doesn't appear to be any injury issues.
The following players' status hasn't changed (anticipated return in parentheses):
- Wide receiver Jordy Nelson, knee (regular-season opener)
- Defensive lineman Datone Jones, ankle (a couple days)
- Offensive lineman T.J. Lang, back (presumably day to day)
- Cornerback Casey Hayward, hamstring (a couple weeks, as of 7/26)
- Cornerback Tramon Williams, knee (a couple weeks, as of 7/30)
- Offensive lineman Derek Sherrod, leg (undetermined, on his "last hurdle," according to McCarthy)
- Wide receiver Charles Johnson, knee (undetermined)
- Tight end Andrew Quarless, quad (undetermined)
- Tight end Ryan Taylor, knee (week to week, as of 8/6)
- Offensive lineman Andrew Datko, concussion ("getting close" as of 8/13)
- Safety Sean Richardson, neck (undetermined)
- Defensive lineman Jerel Worthy, knee (undetermined)
- Offensive lineman J.C. Tretter, ankle (regular season at the earliest)
- Like Like
- -5 points