The Packers couldn’t have had better luck than they did on Thursday when not a single player appeared to have dropped out of practice.
Head coach Mike McCarthy did comment during his daily press conference, however, that none of the players on the Physically Unable to Perform (DuJuan Harris, Derek Sherrod, Mike Neal, Jerel Worthy, Sean Richardson, J.C. Tretter) list are close to returning, or at least won’t be doing so this week.
Returning to Practice
Commentary: No one saw Jolly actually drop out of Wednesday’s practice, but McCarthy did confirm he suffered an ankle injury. He appeared to return showing no ill effects on Thursday, which prompted McCarthy to say he’s tough and wasn’t surprised about his return.
Commentary: With Sean Richardson remaining on the PUP list, the Packers got a welcome return from Fulton at the safety position. He brings the number of healthy safeties on the team’s roster up to six.
Dropping Out of Practice
Knock on wood if you must, but not a single player dropped out of practice on Thursday, which is good news with their annual intra-squad scrimmage just two days away.
The following players’ status hasn’t changed (anticipated return in parentheses):
- Cornerback Casey Hayward, hamstring (a couple weeks, as of last Friday)
- Cornerback Tramon Williams, knee (a couple weeks, as of Tuesday)
- Defensive lineman Mike Neal, abdomen (a couple weeks, as of last Friday)
- Running back DuJuan Harris, knee (two or three weeks, as of Tuesday)
- Linebacker Dezman Moses, toe (undetermined)
- Linebacker Nate Palmer, shoulder (undetermined)
- Offensive lineman Derek Sherrod, leg (undetermined, on his “last hurdle,” according to McCarthy)
- Wide receiver Charles Johnson, knee (presumably day to day)
- Wide receiver Kevin Dorsey (undetermined)
- Safety Sean Richardson, neck (undetermined)
- Defensive lineman Jerel Worthy, knee (undetermined)
- Offensive lineman J.C. Tretter, ankle (regular season at the earliest)
- Wide receiver Sederrik Cunningham, wrist (indefinite)