The best bit of news the Packers got on Monday was the return of cornerback Tramon Williams to practice, albeit on a limited basis.
Here’s a look at the walking wounded in Green Bay…
Returning to Practice
Cornerback Tramon Williams, knee
Commentary: Williams didn’t take part fully in practice, but for a team that’s hurting in the secondary, this can only be classified as good news. With safety Morgan Burnett and cornerback Casey Hayward sidelined by hamstring injuries, the Packers are in the need for reinforcements in the defensive backfield. There’s no guarantee that Williams will play in the preseason finale against the Kansas City Chiefs, but by returning this week, there’s a good chance that he’ll at least be ready for the start of the regular season.
Dropping Out of Practice
Wide receiver Kevin Dorsey, toe
Commentary: After missing the majority of training camp the first few weeks, it was disappointing to see Dorsey have a setback. He had one reception during the Seattle Seahawks last week and appeared to be heading in the right direction. There’s still no indication on the severity of his injury, however. Because he didn’t drop out of Sunday’s practice, perhaps it’s minor.
Linebacker Dezman Moses, toe
Commentary: Moses has underwhelmed during training camp this year, so it was similarly disappointing to see him drop out on Monday. It would appear Moses is on the roster player, and he really could use good use a good performance during the final preseason game. He hasn’t been ruled out yet, however.
The following players’ status hasn’t changed (anticipated return in parentheses):
- Offensive lineman Bryan Bulaga, knee (likely out for entire season)
- Safety Morgan Burnett, hamstring (undetermined)
- Cornerback Casey Hayward, hamstring (undetermined)
- Linebacker Brad Jones, hamstring (potentially day to day)
- Running back DuJuan Harris, knee (undetermined)
- Cornerback Jarrett Bush, knee (undetermined)
- Offensive lineman Derek Sherrod, leg (undetermined, on his “last hurdle,” according to McCarthy)
- Safety Sean Richardson, neck (undetermined)
- Defensive lineman Jerel Worthy, knee (likely to begin season on the PUP)
- Offensive lineman J.C. Tretter, ankle (regular season at the earliest)
- Cornerback James Nixon, knee, ankle (undetermined)
- Linebacker Jarvis Reed, ankle (undetermined)