By Aaron Nagler on Oct 16, 2011 with 57 Comments
- I am running out of words to express how well Aaron Rodgers is playing. It can not be overstated – he is the best player in the NFL right now.
- There was a “palpable malaise” over this game. (Thanks to Jeff Blumb for the perfect description)
- Great game from Clay Matthews.
- Sam Shields needs to learn to get down in the endzone after interceptions.
- The Rams did a good job of moving the football by following the script teams like the Panthers and Falcons have used – keep guys in to protect, send out a minimum number of guys in routes, protect the QB and have him make high percentage throws. Capers is content to let teams do this until the offense builds a lead – then he starts bringing heat. I’d question it – except the Packers are 6-0.
- Speaking of covering guys – how much better did Tramon Williams look? And by “better” I mean “healthier”…
- Excellent work from the two tackles, Newhouse and Bulaga. Newhouse especially looked stout in both the run and pass game. Should be a great matchup watching him take on Jared Allen next week.
- No – I have no idea who A.J. Hawk was flipping off after his sack.
- As great as the offense looked in the second quarter, it looked lethargic for much of the game.
- I can not stand that 3rd and short call to Kuhn out of the shotgun where they toss it to the fullback wide. I know McCarthy has his reasons for calling it. I still hate it.
- Good to see Zombo back out there. Looked good setting the edge in the running game.
- Yeoman’s work from Morgan Burnett playing with that cast on his hand. It sure didn’t seem to curb his aggressiveness in any way.
- Bring on the Vikings.
Filed Under: Gut Reactions • Packers News