- Two back-up tackles. Down 14 points. And it just didn't matter.
- Aaron Rodgers is the best player in the NFL right now.
- I was as pissed as any fan when Finley dropped that touchdown prior to the half - but the guy has the best hands on the team. Just an off night. But here's hoping he learns to keep his complaints in-house from now on...though I doubt that happens.
- Grant's fumble was rough and very uncharacteristic. Coupled with Finley's drops, it was a wonder the Packers were even in it heading into half time.
- But the reason they were in it was because of the turnaround by the defense. I mean, it was night and day between the first two Atlanta drives and, well, the rest of the game.
- Great adjustment by Capers to realize that he needed to force the issue and stop letting Falcons offensive coordinator Mike Mularky and quarterback Matt Ryan dictate the tempo of the game. Once Capers saw that Ryan was taking the play clock down on nearly every play and getting the Packers to declare early, he had his guys hold their water, not give away their assignments so readily, and started bringing more pressure than we've seen all year.
- That said - the pressure needed to be brought because his defense couldn't get anywhere near Ryan on straight rushes, though Matthews came THIS close a few times.
- It's telling that Randall Cobb was in the game on the crucial 4th quarter drive that netted a field goal and put the game away - instead of Donald Driver.
- The running game provided by Grant and Starks was instrumental in allowing Rodgers to hit some big plays downfield off play action, including the 70 yard touchdown to James Jones.
- Speaking of play action - Rodgers' ability to whip his head around after the fake, see the receiver, know the coverage and fire a strike - is inhuman.
- My lord Jeff Triplette is awful.
- Bring on Throwback Weekend.
Gut Reactions: Week Five - Gallery Photo
- All Quiet on the Jermichael Finley Front
- Packers Calendar: Tender Deadline, Free Agency Begins
- Lions, Jets Reportedly Interested in WR James Jones
- Giants Said to Be Front-Runners for Packers OL Evan Dietrich-Smith
- Packers Draft Mailbag: Chris Borland Fits Better Than Trent Murphy
- Report: More than Six Teams Express Interest in TE Andrew Quarless
- Railbird Central Podcast: Mike Neal Prepares to Enter Free Agency
- Report: Packers Express Interest in DL Lamarr Houston
- First Week Pro Day Wrap-Up: Packers Check Out WR Austin Franklin, Others
- Report: Packers Interested in Ravens DL Arthur Jones
- Packers Calendar: Final Full Day for Negotiating Window
- Tundra Vision: Shields Signing Misses The Mark
- Packers Reportedly Sign CB Sam Shields to Four-Year, $39 M Contract
Gut Reactions: Week Five
By packeraaron on Oct 09, 2011 with 92 Comments