By Aaron Nagler on Nov 04, 2012 with 110 Comments
- The injuries keep piling up with Matthews and Bulaga. This is a team in desperate need of the bye week.
- Erik Walden with another strong game
- Starks certainly looked rusty, with the fumble and some extremely bad pass pro.
- Randall Cobb and James Jones are keeping the Packers alive on offense with Jennings and Nelson out.
- Speaking of Cobb, what a weapon. Catching, running, whatever. The guy is exciting.
- Of course Tom “The Puma” Crabtree has the two longest Packers touchdowns of the year. Of course.
- Mike Daniels and Mike Neal both got sacks today. Good to see depth guys produce.
- Speaking of pressure, why does Capers refuse to get creative with his pressure calls? Again and again we see four man rushes with the odd cross-dog thrown in. I’d really like to see the safeties and corners start to get involved. I know he has a history of shying away from sending young guys, but he needs to look at this during the bye week. It’s way too predictable at the moment.
- Aaron Rodgers reminds me of Favre (calm down) in that he starts games wild. It’s something no one talks about but his accuracy is brutal at the start of games this year.
- Alex Green ran much better today but he’s still seemingly missing cutback lanes.
- Mike McCarthy needs to stop challenging plays on emotion.
- Nice to see a couple of slant plays again.
- That touchdown catch by James Jones was unbelievable. What a throw and catch.
- You have to say the bye week is coming at the perfect time. This team is despearte to get some starters back. I know fans get frustrated with the team’s inability to put teams away, but they are playing without a boatload of starters. Many teams would be losing these games. Here’s hoping the week off leads to getting a bunch of starters back.
Filed Under: Gut Reactions • Packers News