By Aaron Nagler on Sep 22, 2013 with 92 Comments
- This game was drunk.
- Aaron Rodgers had a horrible game. Just horrible.
- Glad we got Clay Matthews’ annual hamstring injury out of the way early this year.
- Loved what we saw from the defense through a lot of this game, but why did it take being down 14-0 to see it? That opening drive was pathetic.
- The loss of Finley loomed large at the end, and indeed throughout the game. He was a great matchup with the bigger, slower Bengals linebackers and could really have exploited the middle of the field.
- I can’t for the life of me understand why McCarthy insists on running a dive play on 4th and inches with a scat back and with an offensive line that couldn’t win a short yardage situation against my mother and her friends, let alone Geno Atkins and his. To be clear, I have NO problem with the decision to go for it there. None. But to hope and pray your team is going to magically morph into something it’s not for one critical play, is foolhardy at best and blindingly stubborn at worst.
- Speaking of Johnathan Franklin, hate that a critical fumble on a play he should never have been running will mar what was a brilliant debut performance.
- Whole lot of cheap crap went uncalled in that game.
- Mike Daniels should be seeing more playing time.
- It was a crazy game with lots of swings and these were two crazy talented teams. But if you score 30 straight points to take a commanding lead, you should win that damn game.
- When you’re going to go 10-6, you have to lose 6 games.
- I never thought in a million years this team would “need” a bye at Week 4 – but this team desperately needs a bye at Week 4.
- Go Pack.
Filed Under: Featured • Gut Reactions