By Aaron Nagler on Dec 30, 2012 with 125 Comments
- Congrats to the Minnesota Vikings.
- That was one hell of a game. One of the best in the NFL this season, no doubt.
- Man was Tramon Williams brutal in almost every aspect of the game today.
- The slow start cost the Packers. Can’t have that next week.
- Mike McCarthy has to stop letting his emotions get the better of him, being it throwing the challenge flag or calling offensive plays.
- Jordy Nelson not only smartly tried to hide McCarthy’s challenge flag, he was helping with substitutions as well.
- Greg Jennings made himself a barrel-full of money with his performance today.
- Jermichael Finley was outstanding again. Really hope the Packers keep him around.
- Don Barclay looked so much better in the run game than he did in pass pro.
- DuJuan Harris looked so explosive on the turf. Ryan Grant, bless him, had no reason being out there.
- How about Mason Crosby?
- The defensive line did its job for the most part. The linebackers and defensive backs were absolutely brutal.
- I hated Capers going three man rush on that crucial third down on the Vikings’ final drive, but I get that if Casey Hayward doesn’t bite on the pump fake it probably works. But still hate that call in that situation.
- Jeremy Ross looked pretty fantastic as a returner. I didn’t realize he was so big. That’s a tough combo for a coverage unit when a guy that big can get up the field that fast.
- I hated McCarthy starting the game with those shotgun runs to Grant. Helped contribute to the slow start on offense.
- This team needs to rest up and have a brutally honest film session tomorrow. And then members of the defense need to go visit the wizard and find some heart. Because without it, Adrian Peterson will be running through their pathetic tackling attempts next week and the Packers will be one and done. Again.
Filed Under: Featured • Gut Reactions