By Aaron Nagler on Nov 18, 2012 with 62 Comments
- Tough win. Gut check win. Love it.
- We may have seen Mason Crosby’s last game as a Packer.
- I’m not surprised at how much Mike leaned on the running game today, but it makes sense. He did the same thing against the Giants in New York last year. The offensive line often struggles in Detroit even when at full strength, and with EDS at guard and Lang out at tackle,it’s smart to keep grinding. You saw when they went to a five man protection, they were overwhelmed more often than not.
- Randall Cobb is James Bond. I don’t know how this works. Just go with it.
- Nice game from Dezman Moses.
- How about Jermichael Finley? He looks to be healthy and ready to contribute.
- The secondary looks much better when playing man. I understand why Capers has to rotate his coverages, but they almost to-a-man look better when being asked to face up and take a single player.
- Morgan Burnett has ghost-like hands.
- Right Place Right Time Award goes to MD Jennings. One hell of a runback from the good doctor…
- Rodgers was patient today for the most part. The interception looked like a predetermined throw, the same kind he threw to Chase Blackburn against the Giants last year.
- Brad Jones can probably expect an envelope from the league – which is absurd.
- That TD to Finley is a play I use on Madden. Fake the screen one way, drag a receiver the other as the linebackers key on the back. Love it.
- You are not allowed to use that information if we ever play each other online.
- It doesn’t get any easier against the Giants next week, who haven’t been playing well. Of course, coming out of the bye week they may have figured some things out. I’m going to be at MetLife for the game as I’m sure most of our New York-based Packers fan brethren (and, um, sisteren?) will be. I’m sure there will be some kind of tailgate going on. Hope you can stop by.
Filed Under: Featured • Gut Reactions