- The Packers gave the 49ers their best shot - and it wasn't enough.
- It was pretty clear that Dom was content to play zone to keep eyes on the quarterback. The problem, of course, was that Boldin was destroying the zones.
- Jordy Nelson: Dominant.
- I had one ex-NFL player text me that he LOVED Matthews' late hit because it let Kap and the 49ers know that if he was going to run he was going to take punishment all day. I'm not going to say I felt that way - I thought it was crazy cheap - but I thought it was an interesting take.
- Ryan Pickett was awesome today.
- The safeties were not.
- Jonny Jolly was exactly what I thought he'd be - great help against the run and a liability when it came to rushing the passer.
- By the way, did Datone Jones play today?
- I hated McCarthy benching Eddie Lacy after the fumble.
- Jermichael Finley proves once again he is one of the most confounding players in the NFL.
- No, really. Did Datone Jones play?
- Aaron Rodgers had an excellent game, as usual. Much better game than he did in the playoffs.
- Hard for me to get too worked up about this one. I picked the Packers to lose and they did. Of course, I thought they'd be pummeled on the ground and they got destroyed through the air. But the result is pretty much what I thought it would be. The 49ers made a few more plays than the Packers.
- Ok. Looking forward to watching RGIII and the Redskins to get ready for next week.
- Go Pack Go.
Gut Reactions: Week 1
- Packers Reportedly Not Among Teams at Dominique Easley Pro Day
- Mason Crosby, Jarrett Bush Join Fast Food Industry on Tailgate Tour
- As Long as Finley Remains Unsigned, Amaro Could Be Receiving TE Packers Are Missing
- Draft Prospect Caraun Reid Looks to Make Jump from Ivy League to NFL
- Packers Calendar: Green Bay Puts QB Brock Jensen Through Workout
- Re-Grading the Packers' 2011 Draft
- If Packers Want to "Get Bigger" at Center, Marcus Martin Could Be Their Guy
- Packers Bring In Washington State OL John Fullington for Visit
- Report: Packers Working Out MTSU DL Jimmy Staten
- Clay Matthews on Post-Surgical Thumb: "It Looks Like a Shark Attack"
- Report: Matt Flynn's Deal with Green Bay is for One Year
- Jeremiah Attaochu Models Game After Packers' Clay Matthews
- Railbird Central Podcast: Backup Quarterback Solidified
Gut Reactions: Week 1