By Aaron Nagler on Aug 30, 2012 with 43 Comments
- Can we all shut up about Graham Harrell now? Thanks.
- Watching Raji go down, especially considering the way he was rolled up on, my heart stopped for a good three seconds.
- Benson fumbling – I don’t want to say get used to it, but…get used to it. Like the way you got used to Ahman Green fumbling.
- Borel, Gurley and the young receivers sure made a good push for inclusion on the Final 53, but I tend to think it’s too little, too late.
- Interesting report from Omar Kelly regarding the Dolphins targeting James Jones among the receivers they are trying to trade for. Could be an interesting 24 hours.
- Daniel Muir has this team made.
- Can’t emphasize enough how much I like Dezman Moses.
- It’s frustrating watching other teams angle blocking and clearing out big holes for their backs and then watching the Packers mushy zone blocking and their backs running into their lineman’s backs.
- Jermichael Finely had one fantastic catch and played a bunch of snaps. Guy is ready for the season.
- As I was saying on Transplants last night, Marshall Newhouse is going to be targeted by defensive coordinators this year. You can expect lots of stunts and overloads to his side.
- The defense certainly seems to have added enough “juice” (as the coaching staff is fond of saying) to the pass rush to make a significant difference on passing downs this year. I’m still worried about the early downs that are necessary to GET teams into passing downs. Lot of 3rd and 3′s throughout the preseason while the front line guys were out there. Capers traditionally hasn’t leaned on his blitzing magic without favorable down and distances to work with.
- Aaron Rodgers’ mustache is a Golden God.
- It was great to see B.J. Coleman get an extended look tonight. I suspect they’ll try to get him on the practice squad. Intriguing prospect.
- Thank god preseason is over. Roll on Week One. Bring it on, San Francisco.
Filed Under: Featured • Gut Reactions