- This team is hard to watch.
- The offense has no identity outside of "Rodgers throws a low-percentage pass and Nelson/Jones/Cobb make an amazing catch." That's their go-to play. Yes, the James Jones TD was a thing of beauty, but you can't build an offense around that kind of play.
- Nice defensive showing, but it's hard to get excited about holding the Lions in check without Calvin Johnson.
- That said, AJ Hawk played one hell of a game. He really sniffed out everything the Lions tried to do this afternoon. He's been solid all year long.
- Nice to see a little action for Eddie Lacy, but you can see why Starks would start if he were healthy. Lacy just doesn't see the field very well yet. Hope that comes with reps.
- Randall Cobb is just an offensive weapon. Get him the ball and watch good things happen.
- How many injuries did the Packers' linebacking corps suffer today? 422?
- That first half was exasperating.
- Pretty impressive job by the interior of the line against Suh and Fairley. They seemed to do just enough down in and down out.
- On the other end of the spectrum, Bakhtiari had a rough game.
- Yes, Calvin Johnson's absence had a lot to do with it, but Reggie Bush not being able to get anything going was nice to see.
- Some more shoddy tackling in the secondary today. That's going to come back to bite the Packers at some point this year.
- Major props to Mason Crosby. I've been a critic. He was on point today.
- This team needs to start games much faster on offense. This has been a problem for at least a year.
- Speaking of which, a good place to start would be going into Baltimore next week and taking the crowd out of the game early.
- This team isn't "good" yet. It's 2-2 and needs improvement. Here's hoping the injured guys (especially Matthews) come out of this ok and are good to go next week.
- Go Pack Go.
Gut Reactions: 2013 Week 5 - Gallery Photo
- All Quiet on the Jermichael Finley Front
- Packers Calendar: Tender Deadline, Free Agency Begins
- Lions, Jets Reportedly Interested in WR James Jones
- Giants Said to Be Front-Runners for Packers OL Evan Dietrich-Smith
- Packers Draft Mailbag: Chris Borland Fits Better Than Trent Murphy
- Report: More than Six Teams Express Interest in TE Andrew Quarless
- Railbird Central Podcast: Mike Neal Prepares to Enter Free Agency
- Report: Packers Express Interest in DL Lamarr Houston
- First Week Pro Day Wrap-Up: Packers Check Out WR Austin Franklin, Others
- Report: Packers Interested in Ravens DL Arthur Jones
- Packers Calendar: Final Full Day for Negotiating Window
- Tundra Vision: Shields Signing Misses The Mark
- Packers Reportedly Sign CB Sam Shields to Four-Year, $39 M Contract
Gut Reactions: 2013 Week 5
By packeraaron on Oct 06, 2013 with 111 Comments