Here’s our best guess at predicting the Green Bay Packers’ gameday roster for the Sunday’s game against the Detroit Lions at Lambeau Field. Reminder, only 46 players can be active…
The entire roster is included. Those bold and italicized are predicted to be inactive…
Quarterbacks: Aaron Rodgers, Graham Harrell
Running backs: John Kuhn, James Starks, Alex Green, Ryan Grant, DuJuan Harris
Wide receivers: Greg Jennings, Jordy Nelson, Donald Driver, Randall Cobb, James Jones, Jarrett Boykin, Jeremy Ross
Tight ends: Jermichael Finley, Tom Crabtree, D.J. Williams, Ryan Taylor
Offensive line: Marshall Newhouse, T.J. Lang, Jeff Saturday, Josh Sitton, Evan Dietrich-Smith, Don Barclay, Greg Van Roten
Defensive line: B.J. Raji, Ryan Pickett, C.J. Wilson, Jerel Worthy, Mike Daniels, Mike Neal
Outside linebackers: Clay Matthews, Erik Walden, Dezman Moses, Frank Zombo, Vic So’oto
Inside linebackers: A.J. Hawk, Brad Jones, Rob Francois, Jamari Lattimore, Terrell Manning
Cornerbacks: Tramon Williams, Sam Shields, Jarrett Bush, Davon House, Casey Hayward
Safeties: Charles Woodson, Morgan Burnett, Jerron McMillian, M.D. Jennings
Specialists: Mason Crosby, Tim Masthay, Brett Goode
- Five players have already been ruled out for Sunday’s game: Clay Matthews, Charles Woodson, Jordy Nelson, James Starks and C.J. Wilson.
- Mike Neal is listed as doubtful. He didn’t practice all week, and it’s highly unlikely he’ll be active. With both Neal and Wilson out, the Packers are down to four healthy linemen. If there’s any game they can get away with such a small number, it’s against the Lions when they typically run nickel and dime defense the entire game.
- T.J. Lang is questionable for Saturday’s game. Basically you’ll know if he’ll be active or not based upon whether the Packers make any transactions. If Lang can’t go, the Packers will be dangerously thin on the offensive line. They’d be down to six healthy linemen and would have to make a move, likely to activate Andrew Datko from the practice squad.
- If Datko is signed, the Packers would have to cut someone, probably either Jeremy Ross or Vic So’oto. Or if they were to place someone on injured reserve, it could be Mike Neal or James Starks.
- If Lang is inactive, then Terrell Manning will be active. And vice versa if the roster doesn’t change. Manning is questionable, but would be necessarily be active because the Packers would be exactly at 46 players.
- Running backs Ryan Grant and DuJuan Harris will likely be playing for the first time this season in a Packers uniform.
- Sam Shields will active for the first time since Week 6.