Here’s our best guess at predicting the Green Bay Packers’ gameday roster for the Sunday’s game against the Jacksonville Jaguars at Lambeau Field. Reminder, only 46 players can be active…
The entire roster is included. Those bold and italicized are predicted to be inactive…
Quarterbacks: Aaron Rodgers, Graham Harrell
Running backs: John Kuhn, James Starks, Alex Green, Johnny White
Wide receivers: Greg Jennings, Jordy Nelson, Donald Driver, Randall Cobb, James Jones, Jarrett Boykin
Tight ends: Jermichael Finley, Tom Crabtree, D.J. Williams, Ryan Taylor
Offensive line: Marshall Newhouse, T.J. Lang, Jeff Saturday, Josh Sitton, Bryan Bulaga, Evan Dietrich-Smith, Don Barclay, Greg Van Roten
Defensive line: B.J. Raji, Ryan Pickett, C.J. Wilson, Jerel Worthy, Mike Daniels, Mike Neal
Outside linebackers: Clay Matthews, Nick Perry, Erik Walden, Dezman Moses
Inside linebackers: A.J. Hawk, Brad Jones, Rob Francois, Jamari Lattimore, Terrell Manning
Cornerbacks: Tramon Williams, Sam Shields, Jarrett Bush, Davon House, Casey Hayward
Safeties: Charles Woodson, Morgan Burnett, Jerron McMillian, M.D. Jennings, Sean Richardson
Specialists: Mason Crosby, Tim Masthay, Brett Goode
- Charles Woodson, Greg Jennings, John Kuhn, Nick Perry and Sam Shields have already been ruled out of Sunday’s game.
- The predictions are pretty cut and dried this week. Because the Packers are carrying only 52 players on their roster instead of 53, they only need to have one more player inactive on Sunday.
- Jordy Nelson is the only player listed as questionable. Basically, the decision comes down to him. If Nelson goes, offensive lineman Greg Van Roten will be inactive. If Nelson can’t play, Van Roten will be active for the first time in his career. The prediction is they’ll play it safe with Nelson.
- Newly signed running back Johnny White will be active for the first time as well. With Kuhn out and James Starks battling injury, White could play an important backup role.
- Get ready to see a lot of tight ends on Sunday. They’ll be used as both as receivers and in place of Kuhn in the backfield.