Here’s our best guess at predicting the Green Bay Packers’ gameday roster for the Sunday’s game against the Indianapolis Colts at Lucas Oil Stadium. Reminder, only 46 players can be active…
The entire roster is included. Those bold and italicized are predicted to be inactive…
Quarterbacks: Aaron Rodgers, Graham Harrell
Running backs: Cedric Benson, John Kuhn, James Starks, Alex Green, Brandon Saine
Wide receivers: Greg Jennings, Jordy Nelson, Donald Driver, Randall Cobb, James Jones, Jarrett Boykin
Tight ends: Jermichael Finley, Tom Crabtree, D.J. Williams, Ryan Taylor
Offensive line: Marshall Newhouse, T.J. Lang, Jeff Saturday, Josh Sitton, Bryan Bulaga, Evan Dietrich-Smith, Don Barclay
Defensive line: B.J. Raji, Ryan Pickett, C.J. Wilson, Jerel Worthy, Mike Daniels, Mike Neal
Outside linebackers: Clay Matthews, Nick Perry, Erik Walden, Dezman Moses, Brad Jones
Inside linebackers: A.J. Hawk, D.J. Smith, Rob Francois, Jamari Lattimore, Terrell Manning
Cornerbacks: Tramon Williams, Sam Shields, Jarrett Bush, Davon House, Casey Hayward
Safeties: Charles Woodson, Morgan Burnett, Jerron McMillian, M.D. Jennings, Sean Richardson
Specialists: Mason Crosby, Tim Masthay, Brett Goode
- Greg Jennings and Sean Richardson have already been ruled out for Sunday’s game.
- B.J. Raji is questionable, but considering Mike McCarthy’s negative comments about him and how he was not able to complete his rehab, the guess is that they give him the weekend off.
- Tight ends Jermichael Finley and D.J. Williams are both also listed as questionable, but seeing as they both at least practiced in a limited basis on Friday, they’re looking like they should be able to play by Sunday night.
- If either Finley or Williams can’t go for whatever reason, it may signal Jarrett Boykin’s first opportunity to play this season.
- Davon House is questionable as well, but nothing is changing with him. As long as Sam Shields and Casey Hayward are playing well, there’s no room for House.
- Even though Cedric Benson has been placed on the injured reserve/designated for return list, the Packers have not made a corresponding roster move. It’s possible they’re waiting until next week when players are eligible to come off the PUP list.
- James Starks will be active for the first time this year.