Here’s our best guess at predicting the Packers gameday roster for Week 7 against the Minnesota Vikings.
The entire roster is included. Those bold and italicized are predicted to be inactive…
Quarterbacks: Aaron Rodgers, Matt Flynn
Running backs: Ryan Grant, James Starks, John Kuhn, Alex Green
Wide receivers: Greg Jennings, Donald Driver, Jordy Nelson, James Jones, Randall Cobb
Tight ends: Jermichael Finley, Andrew Quarless, Tom Crabtree, Ryan Taylor, D.J. Williams
Offensive line: Chad Clifton, T.J. Lang, Scott Wells, Josh Sitton, Bryan Bulaga, Marshall Newhouse, Evan Dietrich-Smith, Derek Sherrod, Ray Dominguez
Defensive line: B.J. Raji, Ryan Pickett, Mike Neal, Jarius Wynn, C.J. Wilson, Howard Green
Outside linebackers: Clay Matthews, Erik Walden, Frank Zombo, Brad Jones, Jamari Lattimore, Vic So’oto
Inside linebackers: A.J. Hawk, Desmond Bishop, D.J. Smith, Robert Francois
Cornerbacks: Charles Woodson, Tramon Williams, Sam Shields, Jarrett Bush, Pat Lee, Davon House
Safeties: Morgan Burnett, Charlie Peprah, M.D. Jennings
Specialists: Mason Crosby, Tim Masthay, Brett Goode
- Frank Zombo, Chad Clifton, Mike Neal and Jamari Lattimore have all been ruled out of the Vikings game.
- Sam Shields is listed as doubtful with a concussion. Head coach Mike McCarthy seemed to leave a door open to the possibility he’ll play in his Friday press conference, but with a bye week coming up, here’s to guessing the Packers will try to give him some extra rest.
- Ryan Pickett is officially listed as questionable which would seemingly give him a 50/50 shot of playing, but when McCarthy said he was very confident Pickett would play after suffering a concussion, I’m guessing he’ll play.
- I was surprised to see the Packers keep eight offensive linemen active last week including Ray Dominguez. Perhaps they were concerned about the health of Bryan Bulaga. But seeing as neither Derek Sherrod or Dominguez played at all, I’m guessing they’ll go back to seven. Dominguez is inactive.
- Davon House hasn’t played all year. With Shields perhaps out, he might get a chance, but it would come down to a choice between him, Robert Francois or Alex Green. The guess is that House is still inactive.