Below is the Packers’ entire roster. Players in bold text are those I predict to be inactive on Sunday against the Philadelphia Eagles for the Wild Card round of the NFL playoffs:
- QB: Aaron Rodgers, Matt Flynn, Graham Harrell
- RB: Brandon Jackson, Dimitri Nance, James Starks
- FB: Korey Hall, John Kuhn, Quinn Johnson
- WR: Greg Jennings, Donald Driver, James Jones, Jordy Nelson, Brett Swain
- TE: Donald Lee, Tom Crabtree, Andrew Quarless
- OL: Chad Clifton, Daryn Colledge, Josh Sitton, Scott Wells, Bryan Bulaga, Jason Spitz, T.J. Lang, Nick McDonald, Evan Dietrich-Smith
- DL: Cullen Jenkins, B.J. Raji, Ryan Pickett, C.J. Wilson, Jarius Wynn, Howard Green
- ILB: A.J. Hawk, Desmond Bishop, Matt Wilhelm, Robert Francois
- OLB: Clay Matthews, Frank Zombo, Diyral Briggs, Erik Walden
- CB: Charles Woodson, Tramon Williams, Sam Shields, Pat Lee, Brandon Underwood, Josh Gordy
- S: Nick Collins, Charlie Peprah, Jarrett Bush, Atari Bigby
- ST: Mason Crosby, Brett Goode, Tim Masthay
- If Cullen Jenkins is active on Sunday, it would be the first time in five games that he’s played. The last game he participated in was Dec. 5 against the San Francisco 49ers. He is officially listed as “questionable.”
- Frank Zombo, Atari Bigby and Korey Hall have all been ruled out of Sunday’s game.
- The toughest decision was making Matt Wilhelm inactive. The decision, in my mind, came down to him, Robert Francois and Dimitri Nance. In reality, it comes down to whoever is going to have the biggest impact on special teams for the Packers.
- When Jenkins was healthy, typically it has been Jarius Wynn that’s been inactive. But I think he’s elevated his game to a point where he deserves to be active and can be part of the defensive line rotation in a minor role (probably on third-and-long situations).
- Josh Gordy was inactive last week against the Bears, so things probably won’t change this week. Plus, the Packers appear to have plenty of depth at the cornerback position with Jarrett Bush, Pat Lee and Brandon Underwood all playing reserve roles.
- Nick McDonald was the only player on the Packers’ roster to be inactive all 16 games of the regular season. That’s not going to change.
- As a recent signee, Evan Dietrich-Smith is still probably behind Jason Spitz in the pecking order for a roster spot.
- Graham Harrell will be the designated “third quarterback.”
Filed Under: Packers News