WASHINGTON (0-1) vs. GREEN BAY (0-1) (FOX)
WHEN: 1:00 p.m. est September 15th
WHERE: Lambeau Field
TV: Joe Buck (play-by-play) and Troy Aikman (analyst) for CBS.
RADIO: Wayne Larrivee (play-by-play) & Larry McCarren (analyst) for AM-620 and Packer Radio Network
INTERNET: Cheesehead TV Gameday Live Blog
QB AARON RODGERS has won 19 of past 20 starts at home. In those 20, has completed 458 of 667 (68.7 pct.) for 5,710 yards with 54 TDs vs. 12 INTs for 114.5 rating. Incl. playoffs, GB is 29-2 (.935) when Rodgers starts & has 115+ rating. Had 333 yards & 3 TDs last week. Since becoming starter in 2008, has 18 games with 300+ yards & 3+ TDs, 2nd most in NFL during that span.
Rookie RB EDDIE LACY scored 1st career TD last week.
WR JAMES JONES has 5 rec. TDs in past 6 at home. Since 2012, leads NFL with 14 rec. TDs.
Since 2011 (incl. playoffs), WR JORDY NELSON is tied for 1st among NFL WRs with 23 rec. TDs. Has 14 rec. TDs in past 13 at home. Had 7 catches for 130 yards & TD last week.
WR-PR-KR RANDALL COBB had 7 catches for 108 yards & TD last week. Has 100+ rec. yards and/or rec.TD in 10 of past 12.
TE JERMICHAEL FINLEY had TD last week.
LB CLAY MATTHEWS had 1.5 sacks in last meeting. Has 8 sacks in past 6 at home.
CB TRAMON WILLIAMS had 64-yard INT in last game vs. Was. Since 2010, has 15 INTs, tied for 2nd most in NFL (incl. playoffs).
QB ROBERT GRIFFIN III passed for career-high 329 yards last week. Is 1 of 2 players (CAM NEWTON) in NFL history with 300+ pass yards in Week 1 of rookie & 2nd season. Has 95+ rating in 9 games & Redskins are 8-1. Since 2012, is only NFL player with 3,000+ pass yards (3,529) & 800+ rush yards (839).
RB ALFRED MORRIS has rushed for 75+ yards in 15 of 18 career games (incl. playoffs) with 7 100-yard games. Since Week 12, has rushed for 789 yards (112.7 per game) & 9 TDs. His 9 TDs are most in NFL & his 789 yards rank 2nd.
WR LEONARD HANKERSON tied career high with 2 TDs last week.
Was. is 4-0 when WR PIERRE GARÇON has TD catch.
LB LONDON FLETCHER has played 241 consecutive games. In 4 games vs. GB, has 37 tackles, INT-TD, FF, 5 PD & 0.5 sack.
Since entering NFL in 2011, LB RYAN KERRIGAN is only player in NFL with 10+ sacks (17) & 2+ INT-TDs (2).
LB BRIAN ORAKPO had 2 sacks in last meeting. Has 6 career games with 2+ sacks.
From the Dope Sheet:
THE DOPE ON THIS WEEK’S OPPONENT:
- Packers vs. Redskins:
- All-time regular season: 17-13-1
- All-time postseason: 1-1
- All-time, in Washington: 4-8-0 (includes one postseason meeting)
- Streaks: The Packers have won four of the last five meetings.
- Last meeting, regular season: Oct. 10, 2010, at FedExField; Redskins won, 16-13 (OT)
- Mike McCarthy: 80-43-0, .650, (incl. 6-4 postseason); 8th NFL season
- Mike Shanahan: 175-132-0, .570, (incl. 8-6 postseason); 20th NFL season (fourth with Redskins)
- Head to Head: 1-1
- vs. Opponent: McCarthy 1-1 vs. Redskins; Shanahan 3-3 vs. Packers
- The Packers first met the Redskins (then Boston Braves) in 1932, five days after Franklin D. Roosevelt won his first presidential election.
- The two clubs met several times in the early years, most memorably in the 1936 NFL championship game. That year, Redskins owner George Preston Marshall, upset with his fans’ lack of support, was moving his team to Washington and didn’t want to host the championship in Boston. So, the NFL moved the game to New York’s Polo Grounds, where Green Bay claimed its fourth title, 21-6.
- In the other playoff meeting in the series, an NFC divisional game on Christmas Eve 1972, Bill Kilmer hit Roy Jefferson on a 32-yard TD pass, and Curt Knight kicked three FGs in a 16-3 Washington win, spoiling the Packers’ Central Division crown.
- The Packers and Redskins played the highest scoring game in Monday Night Football history on Oct. 17, 1983, at Lambeau Field, in a game that featured 11 TDs and six FGs.
LAST MEETING, REGULAR SEASON
- Oct. 10, 2010, at FedExField; Redskins won, 16-13 (OT).
- K Graham Gano’s 45-yard field goal with 1:07 remaining in the game tied the contest at 13 and his 33-yarder midway through overtime gave the Redskins the win.
- The Packers had a chance to win the game in regulation, but K Mason Crosby’s 53-yard attempt with one second left hit the left upright.
- QB Aaron Rodgers connected on 27 of 46 passes for 293 yards and a TD with one INT and RB Brandon Jackson rushed for 115 yards on 10 carries (11.5 avg.), highlighted by a 71-yarder.
- Redskins QB Donovan McNabb threw for 357 yards and a TD on 26-of-49 passing and WR Santana Moss led Washington with 118 yards receiving on seven grabs (16.9 avg.)
The official Injury Report:
|David Amerson||CB||Back||Full Participation in Practice||Probable|
|Kai Forbath||K||right Groin||Full Participation in Practice||Questionable|
|Chris Thompson||RB||Ankle||Full Participation in Practice||Probable|
|Barry Cofield||DT||Hand||Full Participation in Practice||Probable|
|Chris Baker||DT||Illness||Full Participation in Practice||Probable|
|Brandon Meriweather||S||Groin||Full Participation in Practice||Probable|
|Josh Sitton||G||Back||Limited Participation in Practice||Questionable|
|Jermichael Finley||TE||Toe||Limited Participation in Practice||Probable|
|Morgan Burnett||S||Hamstring||Limited Participation in Practice||Questionable|
|Jarrett Bush||CB||Hamstring||Did Not Participate In Practice||Questionable|
|Nick Perry||LB||Neck||Full Participation in Practice||Probable|
|Casey Hayward||CB||Hamstring||Out (Definitely Will Not Play)||Out|
- Like Like
- 4 points