MINNESOTA VIKINGS (6-5) VS. GREEN BAY PACKERS (7-4) (FOX)
WHEN: 1:00 p.m. est December 2nd
WHERE: Lambeau Field
TV: Joe Buck (play-by-play) and Troy Aikman (analyst) with Pam Oliver on the sideline for FOX.
RADIO: Wayne Larrivee (play-by-play) & Larry McCarren (analyst) for AM-620 and Packer Radio Network
INTERNET: Cheesehead TV Gameday Live Blog
As the NFL enters Week 13, there are 19 teams either in or within one game of a playoff spot, including 11 in the NFC. The Minnesota Vikings have the toughest remaining schedule among those NFC clubs, facing opponents with a combined 36-18-1 (.664) mark.
The Packers have won 9 division games in row.
QB AARON RODGERS aims for 5th win in row vs. Min. In 8 career starts vs. Min., has 19 TDs, 3 INTs & 116.5 rating. Packers are 25-0 when he starts & has 115+ rating. Incl. playoffs, has TD pass in 35 consecutive home games. Rodgers leads NFL with 105.6 rating.
WR-PR-KR RANDALL COBB has 6 rec. TDs in past 5. Has 3 TDs in past 2 at home. Is only player in NFL with 700+ KR (783), 600+ receiving (613), 200+ PR (231) & 100+ rush (127) yards. Had 80-yard PR-TD in last meeting.
WR JAMES JONES ties for NFC lead with 8 rec. TDs.
WR JORDY NELSON had 61-yard TD catch last week. Had 2 TDs in last meeting. Has 7 TDs in past 6 division games.
WR GREG JENNINGS has 7 TDs in past 5 vs. Min. & aims for 6th meeting in row with TD…Since 2010 (incl. playoffs),
CB TRAMON WILLIAMS ties for NFL lead with 15 INTs. Has INT in 2 of past 3 meetings.
CB CASEY HAYWARD leads all rookies with 5 INTs.
Rookie LB DEZMAN MOSES aims for 3rd game in row with sack.
From the Dope Sheet:
THE DOPE ON THIS WEEK’S OPPONENT:
- Packers vs. Vikings:
- All-time regular season: 53-47-1
- All-time, postseason: 0-1
- All-time, in Green Bay: 19-17-1
- Streaks: The Packers have won the last four meetings.
- Last meeting, regular season: Nov. 14, 2011, at Lambeau Field; Packers won, 45-7
THE PACKERS-VIKINGS SERIES
- This marks the 103rd overall meeting between the border rivals.
- Few, if any, rivalries in sports have exhibited more parity. The Packers own a slight advantage over the Vikings (53-48-1, including playoffs) in the all-time series.
- The Packers’ five-game winning streak that was snapped in 2008 was the longest streak for either team since the Packers won five straight from 1983-85.
- The series began when the Vikings entered the league in 1961, and Vince Lombardi’s Packers won nine of the first 10.
- Over the last 18 seasons (1994-2011), these teams have accounted for 13 NFC Central/North division championships.
LAST MEETING, IN GREEN BAY
- Nov. 14, 2011, at Lambeau Field; Packers won, 45-7.
- The Packers’ 38-point win in the Monday Night Football contest was the largest margin of victory by either club in the history of the series.
- QB Aaron Rodgers threw for 250 yards and four TDs on 23-of-30 passing (76.7 percent) for a 140.3 passer rating. It marked his third straight game with a 140-plus rating as he joined Kurt Warner as the only QBs in NFL history to accomplish that feat in a single season.
- WR Randall Cobb kicked off the scoring with an 80-yard punt return for a TD early in the first quarter. With the score, he became the first rookie in team history to post a kickoff return and a punt return for a TD in the same season.
- LB Clay Matthews led the defense with two sacks and CB Tramon Williams registered an interception as Green Bay limited the Vikings to 14 first downs and 266 total net yards on the night.
PACKERS HOST VIKINGS IN NFC NORTH MATCHUP
- The Packers return home to play at Lambeau Field for the first time in nearly a month when they welcome the division-rival Minnesota Vikings to town this Sunday.
- It kicks off a stretch of three straight NFC North games for Green Bay, the first time the Packers have had three consecutive divisional contests on the schedule since 2006 (Weeks 15-17). Four of Green Bay’s final five games are against divisional foes.
- The Packers have won a franchise-record nine consecutive games against NFC North opponents. It is the second-longest current divisional winning streak in the NFL behind only Baltimore’s 12-game winning streak against AFC North teams.
- This is Green Bay’s first meeting with Minnesota this season, the latest that the first game has come between the teams in the history of the series (since 1961).
- The teams will also face off in Minnesota in the season finale. It marks the first time in the series that both season meetings will come in December.
- Sunday will mark the first time the teams have squared off in a noon kickoff at Lambeau Field since 2007. Three of the last four meetings in Green Bay (2008, 2010-11) have been prime-time matchups.
- The Packers have won 17 of their last 18 regular-season games (.944) at Lambeau Field and 23 of their last 25 (.920) at home.
- Green Bay has won 24 of its last 29 regular-season games overall (.828), the best record in the league over that span.
- The Packers’ are coming off a 38-10 loss to the N.Y. Giants this past Sunday night, one that ended Green Bay’s five-game winning streak.
- Green Bay currently sits at No. 2 in the NFC North with its 7-4 mark, one game behind Chicago (8-3) and one game ahead of Minnesota (6-5).
Official Injury Report:
|Johnny White||RB||Concussion||Did Not Participate In Practice||Out|
|Clay Matthews||LB||Hamstring||Did Not Participate In Practice||Out|
|Andrew Quarless||TE||Knee||Did Not Participate In Practice||Out|
|Charles Woodson||S||Collarbone||Out (Definitely Will Not Play)||Out|
|Greg Jennings||WR||Groin||Full Participation in Practice||Probable|
|Donald Driver||WR||Thumb||Did Not Participate In Practice||Questionable|
|Marshall Newhouse||T||Wrist||Full Participation in Practice||Probable|
|Sean Richardson||S||Back||Limited Participation in Practice||Questionable|
|M.D. Jennings||S||Rib||Full Participation in Practice||Probable|
|Terrell Manning||LB||Shoulder||Limited Participation in Practice||Doubtful|
|Ryan Pickett||DT||Quadricep||Full Participation in Practice||Probable|
|C.J. Wilson||DE||Knee||Did Not Participate In Practice||Out|
|Sam Shields||CB||Ankle||Out (Definitely Will Not Play)||Out|
- Like Like
- -3 points