GREEN BAY PACKERS (11-4) vs. MINNESOTA VIKINGS (9-6) (FOX)
WHEN: 4:25 p.m. est December 30th
WHERE: Mall of America Field at the Metrodome
TV: Joe Buck (play-by-play) and Troy Aikman (analyst) with Pam Oliver on the sideline for FOX.
RADIO: Wayne Larrivee (play-by-play) & Larry McCarren (analyst) for AM-620 and Packer Radio Network
INTERNET: Cheesehead TV Gameday Live Blog
Green Bay has clinched the NFC North and is in line for the No. 2 seed and a first-round bye in the NFC playoffs. The Packers will lock up the bye with a win or losses by both San Francisco and Seattle.
The Vikings are in control for a playoff spot. With a victory, Minnesota will advance to the postseason as a Wild Card. The Vikings can also advance to the playoffs with losses by Chicago, Dallas and the New York Giants.
Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers leads the NFL with a 106.2 passer rating in 2012. If he maintains his current pace when the Packers face Minnesota in Week 17, Rodgers will join Pro Football Hall of Famer Steve Young (1991-94) as the only qualifying players in NFL history to post a 100+ passer rating in four consecutive seasons. Rodgers (104.5) and Young (96.8) rank No. 1 and No. 2, respectively, on the NFL’s all-time passer rating list.
PACKERS: Clinched NFC North for 2nd consecutive season. Have won 12 consecutive division games. Clinch 1st round bye with win…Team scored 55 points last week, tied for most at Lambeau
QB AARON RODGERS has won 5 in row vs. Min. with 122.6 rating (14 TDs, 3 INTs). Packers are 27-0 when he starts & has 115+ rating.
WR-PR-KR RANDALL COBB aims for 4th in row with 100+ rec. yards or TD. Has 964 KR yards & 954 rec. yards. Can become 1st player in NFL history with 1,000+ KR yards & 1,000+ rec. yards. Had 80-yard PR-TD in 11/14/11 meeting.
WR JAMES JONES leads NFL with career-high 13 rec. TDs. Had TD in last meeting.
WR JORDY NELSON had 2 TDs in 11/14/11 game vs. Min.
WR GREG JENNINGS has 7 TDs in past 6 vs. Min
LB CLAY MATTHEWS has 4 sacks in past 3 meetings & aims for 4th in row vs. Min. with sack.
CB CASEY HAYWARD leads rookies with 6 INTs.
CB SAM SHIELDS has INT in 3 of past 4.
S MORGAN BURNETT had 2 INTs in last meeting
From the Dope Sheet:
THE DOPE ON THIS WEEK’S OPPONENT:
- Packers vs. Vikings:
- All-time regular season: 54-47-1
- All-time, postseason: 0-1
- All-time, in Minnesota: 25-25-0
- Streaks: The Packers have won the last five meetings.
- Last meeting, at Minnesota, regular season: Oct. 23, 2011, at Mall of America Field; Packers won, 33-27
THE PACKERS-VIKINGS SERIES
- This marks the 104th overall meeting between the border rivals.
- The Packers own a slight advantage over the Vikings (54-48-1, including playoffs) in the all-time series.
- Green Bay’s current five-game winning streak is the longest by the club since a five-game streak against Minnesota from 2006-08. Prior to that, the longest streak for either team was Green Bay’s five-game winning streak from 1983-85.
- The series began when the Vikings entered the league in 1961, and Vince Lombardi’s Packers won nine of the first 10.
- Over the last 19 seasons (1994-2012), these teams have accounted for 14 NFC Central/North division championships.
LAST MEETING, IN MINNESOTA
- Oct. 23, 2011, at Mall of America Field; Packers won, 33-27.
- QB Aaron Rodgers led the offense with 335 passing yards and three TDs on 24-of-30 passing with no interceptions.
- WR Greg Jennings led the club with seven receptions for 147 yards, highlighted by a 79-yard TD grab early in the second half.
- RB James Starks rushed for 75 yards on 13 carries (5.8 avg.), with 55 of those yards coming on the Packers’ final drive as they ran the final 2:30 off the clock.
- CB Charles Woodson picked off rookie QB Christian Ponder twice on the afternoon, the sixth multi-INT game of his Green Bay career.
- RB Adrian Peterson led the Vikings with 175 yards rushing and a TD on 24 carries (7.3 avg.).
Official Injury Report:
|Randall Cobb||WR||Ankle||Limited Participation in Practice||Questionable|
|C.J. Wilson||DE||Knee||Full Participation in Practice||Probable|
|Alex Green||RB||Concussion||Full Participation in Practice||Probable|
|Jordy Nelson||WR||Hamstring||Full Participation in Practice||Probable|
|Davon House||CB||Shoulder||Did Not Participate In Practice||Doubtful|
|Evan Dietrich-Smith||G||Knee||Full Participation in Practice||Probable|
|Jerel Worthy||DE||Hamstring||Full Participation in Practice||Probable|
|Josh Sitton||G||Concussion||Full Participation in Practice||Probable|
|James Starks||RB||Knee||Did Not Participate In Practice||Out|
|Charles Woodson||S||Collarbone||Out (Definitely Will Not Play)||Out|
|Tom Crabtree||TE||Hamstring||Full Participation in Practice||Probable|
|Mason Crosby||K||Illness||Full Participation in Practice||Probable|
|Jeff Saturday||C||Neck||Full Participation in Practice||Probable|
- Like Like
- 0 points