Our weekly designations from the Green Bay Packers' 10-3 win over the Chicago Bears...
- Erik Walden–What a way to get noticed! Showed good athleticism by running down plays and hustling to get sacks. He tied for the team lead in tackles with 11, had two sacks for 19 yards and two more quarterback hurries. Also did a good job in pass coverage making a couple tackles short of the first-down marker. You can tell he's starting to feel more comfortable in the Packers defense, and at the same time, the coaching staff is having more confidence in him by moving him around the field and asking him to do different things.
- Tramon Williams–He probably wouldn't have been blue chip status on his defense or special teams play alone, but taken together, he continued his string of solid play that's lasted all season long. His 41-yard punt return was arguably the most explosive play of the day. On defense he didn't have any interceptions, but his value came from nearly stonewalling Bears wide receivers. Aside from Rashied Davis, Bears wideouts only had one reception all night long. Williams did tally one pass break up.
- Tim Masthay–Did a great job in preventing Devin Hester from hurting the Packers. Masthay had eight punts for a 43.5-yard gross average and a 36.6 net, but his biggest value was his four punts placed inside the 20-yard line. Had a long punt of 56 yards.
- Charles Woodson–There's plenty of other candidates including A.J. Hawk, Nick Collins and Charlie Peprah, but Woodson gets it for the variety of ways in which he helped the team. His standout moment was probably his fourth-quarter sack of Jay Cutler, but also broke up three passes and had six tackles.
- Bryan Bulaga–With three penalties on the evening, it wasn't Bulaga's finest moment. Also primarily responsible for one of the Bears' sacks. Bulaga isn't the only one to blame, but Rodgers was flushed from the pocket too often than than comfortable on Sunday.
- James Jones–Jones had one dropped pass, but makes the "cow chip" list more so for being a non-factor on offense on a day they could have used him. Only had a single catch for eight yards.
- Like Like
- 3 points