With the NFL Combine less than a week away, I thought it was time for my annual survey of internet mock drafts to find out who people think are the most likely targets of the Green Bay Packers come April.
Most of the people creating these mock drafts are far from what one would call experts, although I do think Mel Kiper's mock draft was one of those I included.
What I try to get out of this exercise is to see what players are still likely to be on the board when the Packers pick at the 32nd slot in the draft and see who the top few consensus players are.
Picking at the tail end of the first round, there was very little consensus as 30 different players were predicted to go to the Packers. Among them, seven were 3-4 defensive linemen, five were primarily offensive tackles, four were primarily interior offensive linemen, three were running backs, three were 3-4 outside linebackers, three were cornerbacks, three were wide receivers and two were safeties.
Here are the results:
- Cameron Heyward, defensive end, Ohio State (9)
- Mikel Leshoure, running back, Illinois (8)
- Danny Watkins, guard/tackle, Baylor (7)
- Justin Houston, outside linebacker, Georgia (6)
- Anthony Castonzo, tackle, Boston College (5)
- Gabe Carimi, tackle, Wisconsin (4)
- Ben Ijalana, tackle, Villanova (4)
- Muhammad Wilkerson, defensive lineman, Temple (4)
- Rodney Hudson, guard/center, Florida State (4)
- Ryan Williams, running back, Virginia Tech (3)
- Tyron Smith, tackle, USC (3)
- Those appearing in two mocks: Mark Ingram, Stefan Wisniewski, Adrian Clayborn, Aaron Williams, Corey Liuget, Rahim Moore, Brandon Harris, Phil Taylor
- Those appearing in one mock: Jeremy Beal, Derrek Sherrod, Jimmy Smith, Ryan Kerrigan, Mike Pouncey, Cameron Jordan, Titus Young, Jonathan Baldwin, Allen Bailey, DeAndre McDaniel, Torrey Smith
- Like Like
- 1 points